Friday, September 7, 2012

The Light of Christ


Patterns of Light, Part I

     
     I love patterns.  They help me see things in a better perspective and assist me in putting my life in order.  I read the following pattern this morning on Connie Firmin's blog
      "One promise I stumbled upon this morning is found in James 4:8 (the first part):  “Come close to God, and God will come close to you.”  If you don’t eat, you get hungry, right?  Same way with our spiritual lives.  When we do not take the time to “come close to God”, emptiness sets in, hunger takes over, and we begin to look for anything to fill up on.  We start trying to satisfy our emptiness with junk instead of healthy options.  This is where trouble can come right in the front door of our lives.
So in summary, if you are hungry, go eat!  Share your journey with other trustworthy friends in your life so they can pray for you and walk with you.  Sometimes just being honest with those around you can help.  Dig in and load up on God’s Word.  It’s full of promises that will fill the bare places inside.  Lastly, but most importantly, if you find yourself empty, talk with God about it.  As you draw near to Him, you will begin to hear His soothing whisper, and you’ll be full in no time."

No comments:

Post a Comment