Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Come and See

Come and See, by Liz Lemon Swindle

A Message from the Artist 

     When I was painting in April 2008, I paid little attention to the stock market or the world at large. Who could have imagined then that we would witness the implosion of the world’s economic systems, the collapse of century-old institutions, and the loss of millions of people’s life savings. It seemed everything we put our confidence in was taken away – literally overnight. Surely these are the times Jesus spoke of when He said, “Men’s hearts [will] fail them.” – Luke 21:26.

     Each day as bad news piled up, I found myself longing to be one of those disciples in the painting. To walk with Jesus and feel the peace and joy as they did. One particularly difficult day a thought came to me. I didn’t need to go to the shores of Galilee to walk with the Savior and find His peace, none of us do. We can each feel it right here and right now, no matter how uncertain these times become. Did He not promise us?

     “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid… ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.” – John 14:27; 16:24

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A Blast From The Past:





Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water (stilled the water)
Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea (calmed the sea)
Take a look at yourself and you can look at others differently
By puttin' your hand in the hand of the man from Gallilee.

Ev'ry time I look into the Holy Book I want to tremble (tremble)
When I read about the part where the carpenter cleared the temple (temple)
For the buyers and the sellers were no different fellas
Than what I profess to be
And it causes me shame to know we're not the people we should be.

So put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water
Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea
Take a look at yourself and-a you can look at others differently
By putting your hand in the hand of the man from-a Gallilee.

My mama taught me how to pray before I reached the age of seven
She said, "There'll come a time when there'll probably be room in heaven"
But I'm feeling kinda of guilty 'bout the number of times
To do what we must do
Oh we forget what he said when we figured that he'd still make room 

(So, you gotta)

Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water
Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea
Take a look at yourself and-a you can look at others differently
By puttin' your hand in the hand of the man from Gallilee. 

(everybody come along)

Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water (stilled the water)
Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea (calmed the sea)
Take a look at yourself and you can look at others differently
By putting your hand in the hand of the man from Gallilee.

No comments:

Post a Comment