Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Service and Sacrifice


     The Savior Suffers in Gethsemane

     The Savior is a wonderful example of service and sacrifice.  I think about all the people he healed.  I marvel that he sacrificed to save me.

     Not all that he healed expressed gratitude.  Others he would instruct to "tell no man," but they did the opposite.  So, how is it with us?  Do we expect more from others when we give various acts of service, or do we follow the Savior's pattern of continuous service regardless of how our service is received?

     Jesus said, "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."  While in the Garden of Gethsemane, our Savior asked " O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”  He partook of the bitter cup to save us.  He offered himself a sacrifice for sin.

     May we strive to lose ourselves in the service of others and offer our lives a sacrifice for Jesus.  We are only serving the Lord when we serve others.  I testify that I feel closer to the Savior when I sacrifice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment