Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Freedom to Choose

The Three Rs of Choice
Each of us has come to this earth with all the tools necessary to make correct choices.


Right of choice
Responsibility of choice
Results of choice

Responsibility comes with freedom





Recent events reported by the news media depict how individuals have abused their responsibility to serve and protect. As a retired Army soldier and a recent volunteer for our community's Mobile Watch, I am saddened by individuals who use positions of responsibility to hurt others.
In my community's Mobile Watch, I sacrifice my right to carry a concealed weapon while I am on patrol; we are taught to never be confrontational. As a soldier, I was required to put my life in harm's way for others; this included civilians and enemy combatants too.
Eleanor Roosevelt is quoted as saying, "Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect."
Thank you to all those who responsibly serve!   - John DeWolfe Walker, Provo

Read more: http://www.heraldextra.com/news/opinion/mailbag/responsibility-comes-with-freedom/article_37c1bde2-6529-5379-8cca-9917da991285.html#ixzz1r2TBSrz8


No comments:

Post a Comment