Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

     I would be totally ungrateful not to give thanks this day.  Just in the past week I have seen so many acts of Christ-like service.  My oldest daughter gave her all in putting on a bridal shower for her sister.  My youngest daughter gave her all to my new son-in-law at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple yesterday.  My new son-in-law strives for my daughter's happiness.  My two youngest sons babysat, carried all the heavy items, and gave so much to their family with so many acts of selfless service.  My three oldest children and their wives let me spend time and play with my six grandchildren several times this past week.  My grandchildren helped each other in a multitude of ways.  My oldest daughter-in-law hosted a wonderful birthday party at their place.  My oldest son let me help prepare and share in the opening of his new store.  My son, the award-winning filmmaker, made a special film for his sister's special day.  My new in-laws hosted a wonderful dinner at La Jolla Groves and were so loving in so many ways.  My employer let me work part-time while I rehabilitate from six broken ribs, a torn quadraceps muscle, etc.  My coworkers and my patients have been so kind to me during my recent trials.  An amazing amount of family and friends supported the the new bride and groom before and after their wedding.  My father gave the best he could to the newlyweds under the trials he faces.  My lawyer fought for the insurance company to replace my destroyed bicycle.  My beautiful bride of over 35 years continues to serve all above and beyond human capability; she is amazing!  I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan that allowed His Son Jesus Christ to atone for our sins, so that families and friends can be together forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment