Friday, August 26, 2011

A Testimony of Truth to Share with Others


Declaring the Good News with rejoicing.

     I’ve always sensed there was a Supreme Being since I was a little child.  When I was little, I found it second nature to privately pour-out my deepest concerns and desires to God.  I knew that he was concerned with me.  However, as I physically grew-up, I became more hardened and stiff-necked.

     Cultural folklore such as Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and adults having eyes in the back of their heads was eventually dismissed as nothing but childhood stories.  Unfortunately, so were the stories of Jesus.  I would spend the rest of my childhood and teenage years seeking for answers about life.

     Society sets many standards and expectations for her citizens.  To say I had difficulty accepting authority would be an understatement.  I dropped out of school, left home, and joined the Army.  One night, I decided to once again pour-out my heart to God.  It was my most sincere prayer from the time when I was a child.  As always, God is ever concerned with each and every one of us.

     My questions were answered.  And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so was Jesus lifted up on Calvary; that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life.  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.  Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen.  Praise ye the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment