Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Remember


     A while ago, I heard someone say that the word “remember” was the most important word in the English language.  I’ve pondered that thought often.  I have come to a realization that the attitude of remembering is indeed a very important concept.
     Miracles happen every day.  Life itself is a miracle.  However, I often become complacent and lose sight of these everyday wonders.  It is important to remember these tender mercies, and to be grateful for these experiences.
     I remember when I first started earnestly studying the Bible.  I had been doing so for about a year.  I had a question; I wanted to know if what I was reading was true and if there really was a Jesus Christ.  One evening I started reading Matthew again.  I paused when I came to Matthew 7:7.  Even though I had read this passage many times before, it affected me differently this evening.  I looked-up and said, “I gotch ya!  If what I’m reading is true, then you have to answer my question.”  I had one of the most sincere prayers of my life that night.  I totally hoped that what I was reading was true, and I expected a voice from Heaven to confirm my hope – a voice like the one in Cecil B. DeMille’s The Ten Commandments.  I saw no bright light, and I heard no deep voice.  However, God did answer me – through other people. 
     I now know that what I was reading that night is true.  I know that Jesus Christ is real, that he lives, and that he loves me.  I know that His love is so strong that he took upon himself my sins.  I know that I must remember Him always, so I can be more like Him.  Speaking of the Messiah, Isaiah said “Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.”  Jeremiah said “for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”   I have a testimony that God remembers us and wants us to remember Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment