Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Peace through the Atonement - Allowing Grace to Save Me

     I was so angry this morning.  I have allergies that can make me miserable at times.  A well-meaning family member washed both my bed sheets and pajamas, and in the process exposed these items to products designed to “freshen” and “soften” the material that was in contact with my body all last night.  I wound-up with itchy-watery eyes, a stuffy nose, and itching all over.  As if the physical symptoms were not bad enough, I had to compound the agony by allowing myself to be filled with anger over the matter.  Fortunately, everyone else is asleep when I am up in the wee hours of the morning, and they weren’t exposed to my uncontrolled emotions.  Even more fortunate, I was able to bow myself down in prayer, thank Heavenly Father for the individuals in my family, focus on the atonement of Jesus Christ, and request that this burden of anger and uncontrolled emotion be lifted from me.  A peace settled into my soul.  I learned before arising from prayer, that I need to express my love to this family member and be thankful for all her kind efforts.  I am so grateful for the atonement and the miracle of forgiveness.  I know we can have peace in this life through the grace of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment